Adamo Macri
Dust Roe

"Your work is simply my visual drug. Every time I look at it I see something new and exciting. I don’t want to look away for too long, lest I miss something magical."
~ Kathy Slamen (Photographer, cinematographer, actor)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Adamo Macri, no matter what I do or where I am at, your works of Art.. disturb, haunt me, inspire me and move me, never do they leave me indifferent, always awaking me, letting me know.. that Consciously there is so much more to see and realize. You are truly a living Masterpiece, I am most pleased to say, it’s like I am on the edge of my seat saying.. what next, where are you taking us next, de l’Art vivant."
~ Michael Banks (Cultural and social philanthropist)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"An aperture located where the third eye would be, as though a direct opening to the mind's eye. Acting like a funnel to channel all the stimuli, vibrations, physical manifestations of the environment surrounding the figure. The body and brain becoming so overwhelmed, to manifest a physical vine that extrudes out of the head, via the auditory canals. The vines twisting and knitting themselves into a never-ending necklace, adorn the body and further influence the environment of others that may encounter this otherworldly creature. The image evokes feelings of the deep ocean, a vast, living entity in and of itself. The color scheme, the conch shells that cling like barnacles, the seaweed-like rope that invades the ears and entwined the neck. The opening at the mouth and forehead, like the bell of a trumpet emitting high-pitched organic soundwaves of distress. One can feel the fear and agony as the figure is ensnared by the ever tightening predatory vines, unable to escape their grasp - It bugles a Death Song."
~ Theresa Pope Church (American scientist)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Its like you're inviting someone to look 'inside' the soul of the creature with the opening there for you to gaze into. Like gazing into someone's eye, or in your case, literally."
~ Michael Aronovitch (Canadian actor)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Dust Roe is complex; it’s strange and lovely; it is also brilliant. Throwing adjectives at a work of art, however, never helps me understand why I find it so compelling. Yes, yes, I know: one need only feel and not think too much. So they say. I do not. Feeling and nothing but feeling leaves me floundering like, dare I say, a flounder out of water. I need to connect feeling with the hard ground of thought, even as I immerse myself in the destructive element."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“I am half way through the brilliant essay but needed to make a couple of comments. It may be an irrelevancy, but the first thing that struck me about Dust Roe was when John Hurt's character gets face fucked by that first of the horrible creatures to come in the movie Alien. But yes that may not be as irrelevant as it seems. I see, on first look, a magical kind of breathing apparatus. Especially the smooth attachment to your cheek. Like Alien, it breaths for you and translates the world to you, and perhaps even keeps you alive. The great dark hood seems like a large hole in the picture plane. A hole that leads deeper and darker. It can also be seen as a great cowl atop a Homunculus made of shell. Please forgive my rambling words. I wanted to try to describe some of the feelings and images your magnificent picture evoked. You are like an old master transmuted and translated into a modern form!”
~ Bob Boldt (American artist, writer, poet, film/video maker)



Dust Roe, 2018
Photography: Chromogenic C-print
81 x 81 cm
Edition: 2